Thursday, March 18, 2010

why is metallica still around?

so i'm probably halfway through Vonnegut's (sorry for my spelling, if im wrong), SLAPSTICK. After reading a second novel by him, I really enjoy his fluency of chapters and how they simply transition with ease and still reveal delightful twists about the story. im starting to do some work at my old highschool for my student teaching so I probably wont finish it till sociology next week, oh well.
even crazier though is running into my old 4th grade art teacher. see, ive been emailing him probably for the past 2 months trying to ask him to talk to a publishing company for me. this is probably nerdy as hell writing about, but its pretty huge, ive been drafting shit probably half a year now and actually started a rough draft of a semi story that i can actually discuss on an actual professional level..whatever that may mean. ive been shooting emails back and forth and scheduling a meeting at the end of the semester with my art teachers friend he's talking to and a member of the publishing company. im suppose to have a rough draft completed, and have to fly out on my own money.
normally id feel like this was a stupid fucking dream, but the fact that my story actually isnt retarded, and my art teachers friend isnt a normal friend. oh, and did i mention the publisher is IDW...and well the friend has pretty big pull.

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing, Bryan! What genre? I could ask some of my friends in publishing to take a look if this avenue doesn't work out. Congrats either way!

    ReplyDelete